Creating a link to a collection or file on your web site
Create a link to an image collection on your web site
Create a link to a file on your web site
- From "My images" open the collection containing the file that you wish to link to.
Scroll down the page and find the file you wish to link to.
- You are now on the file information page. In the first part of the page, click the field next to "Direct URL" - the text will all be highlighted
Copy (Control/Command + C) to your clipboard
Note - the "More URLs" link will take you through a workflow to create more specific links with different layouts and display options (if appropriate).
- Go to the editing page of the web page you wish to link from (Click on "Edit page content" link in the Edit helper box) and select the words that you want to become the link.
- Click the "Insert/Edit Link" button (a globe with a chain link on it) in the text editing tool panel.
- In the Link Info box the opens, paste (Control V/ Cmd V) the "Direct URL" into the "URL" field - you do not need to change anything else.
Highlight over the text you want to become the link to the file (green) - click the link tool (blue) paste in the URL (red) - click OK
- Click OK on the Link Info window, then click "Save all" on your web page that you have edited.
Adding a link to your navigation menu
- Go to My Websites -> Main -> Customise Design -> Navigation Menu -> Manage Nav Items -> Add link to URL
- Give your nav item a title and paste in the URL into the spaces provided.
- Give your new nav item a display order number to position where required in the nav menu and Save your changes